Important Level 2 Information
5th March 2021
Kia ora Parents & Caregivers
The Prime Minister has announced that Auckland will be moving back to Level 2 from 6 am Sunday. We look forward to welcoming all our students and staff back onsite on Monday.
We appreciate all the work that families have done to support their children’s learning during this week at Level 3. We acknowledge that it has not been easy for many juggling work, school and family commitments.
Having been at Level 2 before, we have well established systems and processes in place and are ready to implement our Level 2 plan in line with public health requirements. Alert Level 2 still has some restrictions for our school with the main one being that children should be not breathing on or touching each other, as much as practicable.
Please see the attached information on how Level 2 will operate at Three Kings School, including important drop off and pick up information.
The main points are:
- Pick up and drop off are from the school field. Students are encouraged not to be at school until 8:30. They will remain down by the hall / field till 8:30 when the Porohita (Year 3 and 4) and Toki (Year 5 and 6) students will walk up to class. The Koru (NE to Year 2) teachers will come down at 8:30 to pick up their students. Room 12 parents will be able to walk their children to class and there will be a visitor register and QR tracer poster at the room.
- Children will all need their own drink bottle as drinking fountains will be taped off.
- School assemblies will be postponed for now though team assemblies where students have more space to spread out will go ahead.
Just a reminder that while everyone is onsite at Alert Level 2 next week, we must adhere to key health measures including:
- Good hand hygiene and cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Staying away if sick.
- Keeping the appropriate physical distance from others (in class this means no touching each other and keeping out of breathing distance).
- Cleaning and disinfecting our high touch surfaces daily.
- Displaying QR code posters at our entrances and encouraging all our community to download the NZ COVID Tracer App and use it if they come onsite.
- Keeping a visitor register for anyone who cannot use the app and for other visitors who come onsite.
We know all these things will help to keep our community as safe as possible. Because of these measures, your child does not need to wear a face covering while at school. We will of course support them should they choose to do so.
We ask that families that have borrowed school devices send these back in with their children on Monday. Mr Waller will be collecting these outside the school hall in the morning.
In the previous level changes, we waited until Level 1 to resume swimming. This was to provide consistency with not having parents on site. In line with this we will continue to wait until Level 1 for swimming for NE to Year 3, who require parent support. Our Year 4 – 6 students, who swim without parent support, will resume swimming at level 2 to ensure that they have time to prepare for school and zone swimming sports.
Ngā mihi nui
Three Kings Leadership Team